Friday, February 13, 2009

Pizzas of My Heart


"This is Dawn," I answered the phone at my desk at work.

"Sweetie, there's a delivery at the front desk for you."

"Hi, Kurt. Right now? What do you mean?"

"You'll have to sign for it and leave a tip."

Buzz! I gasped! "Helene's calling me. I gotta go!" Oh, yeah, tomorrow is Valentine's Day! What did he do?

I hurried to the front desk where Helene and a Magpies Pizza delivery man waited for me with a large fresh tomato and zucchini pizza. Mmmm... Deep inhale. Lunch! I opened the box and the food was a work of art -- a heart-shaped cheesy wonder!

In my exuberance to eat and share the glorious declaration of my husband's love, sprinkled with garlic and herbs, pieces of the lovingly shaped pizza quickly disappeared, leaving the vague outline of a heart in the cardboard box. That's when it occurred to me to take a picture of my broken pizza with my cell phone camera. While my pizza was torn apart, contrastly, my heart most certainly swelled.

Loving him to "pizzas,"
Dawn

1 comment:

Denise said...

Aww! How Sweet!
Glad you had a good lunch. :)