Thursday, March 5, 2009

FedEx Tracking: The Epitome of Anticipation

Tuesday night I stayed up late working on a birthday gift for Nathan online—less than a week away from Nathan’s 1st birthday party! I know; close, right? Yikes! When it came to making the final purchase, I thought it may not make it in time on the regular delivery schedule, so I ordered the two-day shipping service for an extra cost, and it will be so worth it if the package arrives before the party! I thought it’s sure to arrive by Sunday. Let’s see: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday—no problem! But after I made the purchase, I read the fine print that says Saturday delivery is not available for two-day shipping, and I also realized that I made the assumption that it would only take one day to prepare my order. Oh, no!

But I actually think it’s going to make it in time; I do! I’ve been a bit addicted to checking out the FedEx tracking of my package, which is an incredible service by the way, and currently it is on schedule! Here’s how it stands right now:


From Maryland and now in Tennessee and who knows where to next, but by tomorrow afternoon, it’s set to be at my front door in Arizona! Crazy! The journey of a package is exciting. I hope this package enjoys his final destination in the hands of Nathan!

With much anticipation,
Dawn

P.S. I can’t say what it is inside of the package in case my sister reads this before Sunday. But I’ll share the secret later...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I believe we were both blogging at the same time, my dear!! I posted an entry very close to your FedEx entry postage. :)

What a wonderful Auntie you are. I love how you love Nathan so much- and I hope someday he feels so deeply loved by his family. He sure is a beautiful little boy, and that smile!! I can see why you're intoxicated with love. :)

Can't wait to see your surprise revealed!! Thanks for all the notes and encouragement. I am feeling better now, thank you, and yes, the observations have got to continue. I didn't realize how much I'd really learned until a few days later and I had absorbed and processed.

Happy weekending!! I miss you.

Lindsey said...

Did your package make it?? I wanna knoooooooow what it is that you made for him! I sure hope you took a picture of it before you mailed it. :)

ENJOY weekend! I bet spring is springing down in the desert!