Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Bath and Jamies with Feet


I always hear people say how they love the way babies smell. Well, until I smelled darling Nathan boy after his first bath, I didn't have a strong memory of a baby scent. I could not take a deep enough breath! He smelled so yummy-clean; a cleanliness that I've never smelled on an adult human!

His first bath was at Gayle's kitchen sink under the supervision of Gramma Dockery, a labor and delivery nurse from the World War II era. She bathed all of her grandbabies in their infancy, Gayle and I included, and she was tickeled to have been a part of her first great grandbaby's first bath, too. Mama would have loved to be there, but sadly, she was at home busy fighting the terribly yucky cold that Kurt and I both endured. Get well soon, Mama!

Then Gayle dressed her baby in comfy feet-jamies from Grandma Dee Dee (Mama) which are covered in little mice, a signature favorite of Grandma. The other interesting thing about these jamies is that they are sized 0 to 3 months, and can you believe that this little 4-day-old filled these jamies out?! That boy - he's a monkey!

I wish we adults could smell like a clean baby and get away with wearing jamies with feet, but then I just don't think it would have quite the same effect.

Smiling,
Dawn

No comments: