Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The George Wedding, 2 Months Later






It's done. Two months, a bridesmaid in a dear friend's wedding, a trip to Rocky Point, my sister's birthday, lots of Photoshop, and a Father's Day later, I've delivered the photos to Megan and Matt George from their wedding that took place on April 12th, 2008. Whew! What a relief! I took about 2,000 photos and delivered about 800, which I hope they will "love and cherish" forever and ever.

I work with Megan at Madden Media and, ironically, Matt and I both grew up on Hickory Drive but we barely know each other from our youth. He was one year behind me, in Gayle's class. Gayle was my second photographer at the event that warm April day and I'm eternally grateful for her artistic services and the window of time that her son Nathan allowed her to be away. (She's nursing, you see.) She... I mean, I, was given 3 gracious hours which consisted of the last bit of time to get dressed and ready for the wedding, family portraits, and the ceremony. I don't think it's possible to shoot an entire ceremony solo and get everything because that part of the festivities seems to go by the fastest! Gayle got some amazing shots that add considerably to the collection. I love my sister! Thank you, Gayle! It's funny how things work out and how people are linked and reconnected.

What a loving and hilarious duo the new Mr. and Mrs. George are! Congrats to the happy couple, and I'm so glad I was able to be there to capture their story.

Cheers,
Dawn

No comments: