Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day


A year ago today, Kurtis and I went with Gayle to the El Conquistador Resort to watch the spectacular 4th of July firework display since Mike, an Oro Valley K-9 police officier, was working the event, but little did I know at the time that it was a very special day for another reason.


It was the day that Gayle and Mike found out that they were pregnant! They had been trying for over 2 years! They did a really good job of keeping the secret on that exciting day, which I can only imagine was very hard to do! (Don't they look happy and sneaky with their secret?) Gayle told me that she came close to telling me, but she really wanted to tell our parents first. So, I found out a few days later when she gave me a children's book with a special inscription inside letting me know that I'd be an auntie! I look forward to the day when I'll get to read it with him.


Nathan is 4 months old today! I love being an auntie!


Tonight we went to my Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike's house and we watched those same fireworks at El Conquistador from a bit farther away this year, but it was still fun and festive! Here are my cousins, Joshua and Jillian, with some of the Catalina Mountains in view along with a burst of fireworks.


In case you're wondering what the rest of Joshua's shirt says, "I put ketchup on my ketchup." What a perfect shirt for Joshua and for a barbecuing Independence Day with family.

Proudly,
Dawn

No comments: