Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gayle's Boys

Tonight I went to my sister's house to photograph her in the third trimester of her second pregnancy. This is the last time she will be pregnant (or that's the plan anyway). It's a special time that will be gone all too soon. I hope she's savoring and tucking away the sensations of being pregnant somewhere safe in her memory forever. I can only imagine that feeling of having a babe inside and I'm sure my imaginings are not even close to the real experience.

This first (unedited) picture makes me laugh because it more accurately depicts the entire photo experience--Nathan running around begging for juice and not looking at the camera; our tight little photo set-up, clothespins and all; trying to keep Nathan happy--but it's for those same reasons that I love it so.

My sister's boys were squirmy tonight; Justin making waves from inside Gayle's belly which sent the balancing blocks that spelled his name every which way but still, and Nathan charging from room to room with a monotone, yet bouncy, "uuuuhhhhhhhh!" escaping his sweet face.

While Gayle propped herself on the floor for a few pictures, Nathan asked, "Mama, you fall?" Gayle assured him that she was fine and so he played with blocks, building a fine leaning tower. Then he asked again, "You alright, Mama? You cry?"

It's pretty amazing to watch this boy grow and learn. His vocabulary and clarity are improving exponentially. Soon we'll get to see him be a big brother. He knows where his little brother is, which is just crazy to witness. "Kiss your brother!" and he kisses Gayle's belly!


Gayle and her two boys.


(I suppose this won't be the last time Nathan will sit on his brother!)





With great love and respect,
Dawn


3 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice very nice your dad love you

Erin Durband said...

I can't believe she is due to have that baby so soon! Seems just like last week you told me she was pregnant again. Wow... time does fly! And speaking of that... We need to get together, my friend! It's been too long. :/

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.