Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cat Nap


Aw... Max, our awesome cat, decided to join me on the couch while I read the bookclub selection for the month, A Thousand Splendid Suns. He was so relaxed- I love that he trusts me enough to be that way! He tucked and prodded his body in to just the right spot, his head twisting owl-like and almost upside-down. At one point, one of his back legs was sticking up towards the pages of the book and the pink pads 'neath his foot were all spread apart. He was conked out and his feline cuteness distracted me. I couldn't resist but to stick my finger between one of the crevises on the bottom of his furry foot. All he did was pull his foot away without even opening his eyes. (Oh, yay, here he comes now, to join me as I type.) Then he just let out a heavy sigh that I like to interpret to mean, "I'm so completely content." It seemed like such a human sigh. I love that he's so expressive.

Max has a very majestic face; regal and powerful. I like to imagine that he's my lion; that if we lived together in the wild and he were hundreds of pounds heavier than me with a single paw the size of my head, that we would still have this kindred relationship. He'd still like to purr near me as I read, reach up to my face with his paw when he wanted attention, and want to steal the very water that I'm drinking. He's my dream cat; the cat who loves to be with you.

What a pleasant evening with Max and a book.

Contently,
Dawn & Max

No comments: