Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sweet and Full



I sat down this evening to create the invitation for my sister Gayle's baby shower and I began to crave something sweet. It would seem I couldn't get down to business until I helped myself to sweetness. So, I got out some recipe books to find something to make in order to curb my sweet tooth.
As I searched my cupboards for creme of tartar I found a tin of Hershey's cocoa which had a recipe for cupcakes and frosting on the packaging. Alas, I had no creme of tartar, but with plenty of cocoa, I made 31 chocolate cupcakes - enough to satisfy all of my sweet teeth!

An hour and a half later I sat down again at my computer with three cupcakes (yes, three) and a glass of milk. Ten minutes later, I slouched on the couch feeling very full and actually, a little bit sick to my stomach.

All in all, it has been a filling day in many ways!

I went to my nephew's 1st birthday party today and what a joy it is to see him and his delightful personality develop. I will post something about him tomorrow (his actual birthday). A year ago to the day, my sister-in-law, Jen and I hosted a baby shower for Keri, and the very next day she gave birth to 6-week-early Ender, who's happy and healthy a year later!

After the party, I took pictures of my brother-in-law, Kelly, and his wife - my dear friend - Jen. They're expecting their first child in September and so the purpose of the photos I took is to illustrate them before Jen begins to "show." But it's almost their 3 year anniversary, so the photos can also be for that reason.
My husband, Kurtis, has an interview at the U of A tomorrow, so he has been busy preparing his portfolio today. That is a very exciting development. It's 12:50 in the morning and he's still at Kinkos, perfecting his portfolio for tomorrow.

I've done as much as I can do with Gayle's invitation without my husband's design speed and expertice, so I decided to write this first entry of my blog, which is some what difficult (but enjoyable) with my hefty cat, Max, laying comfortably and akwardly on my lap. I love him so much. He seems to have been my accessory this weekend, constantly at my side. He's a lot more comfy than a bracelet.

So, see, my life seems very sweet and full these days, cupcakes or no cupcakes. I'm very blessed indeed.

Filled,
Dawn

No comments: