Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the Paper!

Last week, a friend from work, Stephanie, and I went to a new restaurant since we each had a coupon for a free lunch. It's called Asian Bistro, and you may be wondering how I could possibly have a picture of us there! Well, just after we got our steaming hot plates from the kind waitress, a man walked in with a professional camera. I noticed him and his camera, but wasn't about to say anything until he interrupted us to ask if he could photograph us eating. Strange question, but he said he works for the Arizona Daily Star and is doing a story on the new restaurant. Stephanie and I are both shy, but we let him take our picture while trying to carry on normal conversation as the man balanced on a chair above us, snapping away.

He told us the story would come out on January 31, but it came out instead on Thursday, January 24th! We wouldn't have even known if it weren't for people at work who read the paper and saw us in the Caliente section! Click on the link above and you'll see the entire story.

Here's my review:

The dining room was fancier than expected and the mirrors covering an entire wall make the space seem larger. The staff was very friendly despite us coming in for a free meal. Our lunch special consisted of soup, an egg roll, 2 honey wontons, rice or lo mein, an entree, and dessert! I thought it was delicious, although I have had better egg rolls and egg-drop soup. It was very reasonable, and I think that the service and close proximity in addition to the yummy meal, are what will make me a loyal customer.

happy dining,
Dawn

No comments: