Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The 60 Year Old Kid


As of July 30th, 2008, my papa has officially experienced 6 decades of life!











As you can see, my dad has lots of hobbies (and the corresponding toys)! He loves his family and is really good at showing and telling us that. He lives for the moment and always advises us to just be happy.

At his birthday party, Gayle and I prepared a presentation with things our daddy can do, a slide show of photos of him through the years, and 60 Martin Ernest “Woody” Widero quotes. Here are some:

#6 When Daddy thought I should pitch a change-up during a softball game, he’d tell the whole field: “You can afford it.”

#7 When Daddy wants ice cream, he often says: “Your mama said she wants ice cream.”

#14 Learning to drive stick, we often heard that: “The clutch disengages the motor.”

#28 About VWs: “There ain’t an inch to one of these things that I haven’t touched.”

#36 About his movie collection, “The only difference between me and Blockbuster is that I only have one.”

#39 How Daddy describes his job: “I just blow the whistle.”

#44 If someone irritates him, you might hear him say: “I’ll pinch his head off.”

#55 About finding a job you love, “You’re gonna spend 8 hours somewhere.”

#60 His favorite toast: “Here’s to family.”

Fortunately,
Dawn

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love the pic of Little Dawn, the overall-clad family, and especially the dog upon the post!!

Happy birthday to your dad! Sounds like he had a great day. He's a lucky guy to receive such a tribute. It is clear that you are a lucky daughter, as well!

Hope YOU are doing good!